Theme Preview Rss

The Chosen One

Posted on April 16 at 6:23 p.m.

This morning, Punchy had me follow him through the rain to the beach, where I saw Admiral, Pompom, and Static huddled together, holding umbrellas. They all started cheering when I arrived.

"I learned something yesterday," said Punchy. "I fished all day, but I couldn't catch the coelacanth. So far, you have been the only one able to pull a coelacanth out of the water." He handed me the fishing rod. "I think you might have the lucky touch!"

"Lucky?!" I exclaimed, "No way. I'm cursed! I always catch the coelacanth! I don't wanna fish," I said. It was fine by me if I never saw that stupid monster fish again.

"Please," said Punchy. "You don't want to let everyone down, do you?"

"Fine," I said, taking the fishing rod from Punchy and casting it into the water. Everyone started cheering and shouting encouragement at me, but I couldn't make out any individual voices because they were all yelling at once.

Then, I saw my bobber dip under the water. Everyone became silent as I pulled the rod. The coelacanth flew out of the water, into my arms. Then, I screamed and started to throw it back into the ocean, but Punchy tackled me to the ground and took the fish from me.

"Would you look at that!" exclaimed Static. "You caught the coelacanth!"

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

Please leave comments or advice for me! Thanks!